1. Targeted research with focus on the formal representation of information structure and scientific discourse in the humanities, in the machine - supported communication and in the semantic interoperability.
2. Community building for the promotion of standards, complementary skills and know-how in the creation, processing, integration and presentation of cultural information for the benefit of quality, accessibility and exploitation of digital cultural content.
3. Targeted development of advanced information systems that provide a scientific challenge or a proof -of -concept in real settings.
Results of these activities include:
- Data models and standards
- Monuments' and museums' information systems
- Source material management systems
- Terminology systems
- X3ML Toolkit
Besides others, the Centre works as competence center for the CIDOC-CRM (ISO 21127), by building up and exchanging application know-how, consultancy to implementers and researchers, and contribution to the dissemination, maintenance and evolution of the standard itself.
A list of products and services provided by the Center for Cultural Informatics can be found here.