The Institute of Computer Science, Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas (ICS-FORTH) announces one Graduate Research Assistant position in the area of Telecommunications and Networks to start in 2012-2013. The position addresses early stage researchers willing to pursue graduate studies at the Department of Computer Science, University of Crete. The Department of Computer Science, University of Crete maintains a strong collaboration with the ICS-FORTH. The duration of the appointment for this graduate research assistant position is 1 year with possibility of extending to 3 years.
We would like to invite motivated and talented candidates to apply for this position, which is fully funded by the CoRLAB project, a GSRT research excellence, investigator-driven grant. Research topics include wireless networking, software-defined radios, and geo-databases. The areas of wireless access and spectrum markets, software-defined radios, and user-centric networking are rapidly evolving, opening exciting possibilities for research.
Candidates are expected to have a B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent, and a broad range of skills including an in-depth understanding of computer networks, very good programming skills, and fluency in English.
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of purpose
- Official transcripts of grades from all academic institutions of higher education listed in his/her application, certified copies of degrees, or/and certifications of fulfillment of the required obligations for entering a graduate programme
- Copies of titles in English language
- Names of three referees who, upon request, can provide recommendation letters
- Copies of any research papers or other significant work by the applicant
Additional information about the positions:
Email to Prof. Maria Papadopouli