Future Wireless Network Architectures: Managing e2e QoS & Resource Control
A joint Research Project between ICS-FORTH and BT Research (currently BT Exact) running from October 2003 until March 2006.
TNext generation wireless networks will support real-time and multimedia packet-based services with varying requirements in terms of delay and data loss. Their unique properties will make the provision of end-to-end QoS a challenging problem that requires the adaptation and extension of existing solutions proposed for current generation wireless systems, such as IEEE 802.11 a/b/g, and the development of new approaches. To goal of this project is to develop and evaluate robust, flexible, and practical models and procedures for efficient control of the shared resources in current and next generation wireless networks, and investigate how they can be effectively used for providing end-to-end QoS.
- Vasilios Siris, ICS-FORTH
- Costas Courcoubetis, Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB)
- Apostolos Traganitis, FORTH-ICS
- George Stamatakis, FORTH-ICS
- Despoina Triantafyllidou, FORTH-ICS
- Benjamin Bappu, BT Research, Ipswich, UK
- Bob Briscoe, BT Research, Ipswich, UK
- Dave Songhurst, BT Research, Ipswich, UK
- Throughput Differentiation for TCP Uplink Traffic in IEEE 802.11e Wireless LANs". In Proc. of 14th IEEE Workshop on Local and Metropolitan Area Networks (LANMAN), Chania, Crete, September 2005.
- Resource Control for Loss-Sensitive Traffic in CDMA Networks". In Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM 2004, Hong Kong, 7-11 March, 2004.
- "Resource Control for Elastic Traffic in CDMA Networks". In Proc. of ACM MOBICOM 2002, Atlanta, USA, 23-28 September, 2002.
- "Congestion Sensitive Downlink Power Control for Wideband CDMA Systems". In Proc. of 4th IEEE Conference on Mobile and Wireless Communication Networks (MWCN 2002), Stockholm, Sweden, 9-11 September, 2002.
- "Economic Models for Resource Control in Wireless Networks". In Proc. of IEEE PIMRC 2002, Lisbon, Portugal, 16-19 September, 2002.
- "Service Differentiation in Third Generation Mobile Networks". In Proc. of QofIS 2002, Zurich, Switzerland, 16-18 October, 2002.
- "Cell Coverage Based on Social Welfare Maximization". In Proc. of IST Mobile and Wireless Telecommunications Summit, Thessaloniki, Greece, 16-19 June, 2002.
- Congestion Pricing for Resource Control in Wideband CDMA". FORTH-ICS Technical Report No. 299, December 2001.
- "Congestion Pricing for Resource Control in Wideband CDMA". BT Research, August 2001.
- "Resource Control for Elastic Traffic in CDMA Networks". ACM MOBICOM 2002, September 23-28, 2002.
For more info: Vasilios Siris Tel: +30 2810 391726 Email: vsiris "at" ics "dot" forth "dot" gr