Principal Researcher (Researcher Β)
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Artificial Intelligence (with emphasis on Belief Revision, Computational Argumentation and Argumentative Persuasion)
- Semantic Web (with emphasis on Ontology Dynamics, including Evolution, Repair and Change Detection)
Awards and Distinctions
- Best Doctoral Consortium Paper Award (for the paper of my PhD student Dimitra Zografistou, co-authored also with Dimitris Plexousakis) at the International Joint Conference on Rules and Reasoning 2017 (RuleML+RR)
- Best Student Paper Award (with Yannis Roussakis, Ioannis Chrysakis, Kostas Stefanidis and Yannis Stavrakas) at the 14th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC-15), for our paper: "A Flexible Framework for Understanding the Dynamics of Evolving RDF Datasets".
- Best Student Paper Award (with Vicky Papavassiliou, Irini Fundulaki, Dimitris Kotzinos and Vassilis Christophides) at the 8th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC-09), for our paper: "On Detecting High-Level Changes in RDF/S KBs".
- Best Paper Award (with Dimitris Plexousakis and Grigoris Antoniou) at the 3rd European Starting AI Researcher Symposium (STAIRS-06), for our paper: "On Generalizing the AGM Postulates".
Giorgos Flouris is a Principal Researcher (Grade B') at FORTH-ICS. His research interests lie mainly in the areas of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, Artificial Intelligence (with emphasis on Belief Revision, Computational Argumentation and Argumentative Persuasion), and Semantic Web (with emphasis on Ontology Dynamics, including Evolution, Repair and Change Detection). He owns a bachelor in Mathematics from the University of Athens and an MSc and PhD in Computer Science from the University of Crete. Giorgos has published several papers in peer-reviewed journals and conferences, has co-supervised more than 20 students of various levels and has received a number of fellowships and awards for his work. Giorgos has been involved in around 10 projects (mostly funded by the EC), and has reviewed various European and national projects and proposals.