ARCHERS Project STAVROS NIARCHOS FOUNDATION-FORTH FELLOWSHIPS
OPENING for Four “Stavros Niarchos Foundation – FORTH Fellowships” for Ph.D. candidates within the project ARCHERS: Advancing Young Researchers’ Human Capital in Cutting Edge Technologies in the Preservation of Cultural Heritage and the Tackling of Societal Challenges Exclusively funded by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
The Institute of Computer Science (ICS) of the Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (FORTH), in the framework of the project ARCHERS, aimed at reducing or even reversing the brain drain, which is funded by an exclusive donation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, is seeking to recruit four Ph.D. candidates.
The Ph.D. candidates awarded these Stavros Niarchos Foundation – FORTH fellowships are expected to perform high quality research within one of the research areas, in which ICS-FORTH excels both on the national and the international level (www.ics.forth.gr).
- B.Sc. degree Computer Science or related areas
- M.Sc. degree in Computer Science or related areas
- Previous experience in one or more of the following:
- Human-Computer Interaction, Affective Computing, Interaction Design
- Computer Vision, Robotics
- Internet of Things
- Cultural Information Systems, Data and knowledge management for cultural informatics Signal Processing, Sound Processing, Speech Processing
- Very good knowledge of Greek and English language
- Grade Point Average (G.P.A.) of the undergraduate studies (25%)
- Grade Point Average (G.P.A.) of the M.Sc. studies (25%)
- Publications in high impact peer-review journals and participation in national and international conferences (20%)
- Quality of the proposed project (30%)
Location: ICS-FORTH, Heraklion Crete GREECE
Start Date: 1rst of December, 2017
Duration of appointment: 12 months (with possibility of extension according to the needs of the project).
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit their applications, no later than the 16th of October 2017, 23:59 local time (Greece) to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be considered, the application must include:
- Filled-in Application Form (attached)
- Detailed curriculum vitae (CV) of the candidate
- Statement of purpose with a proposed project in a specific sub-area of research and a relation to the appropriate scientific advisor (maximum 2 pages)
- Copies of academic titles/transcripts
- Language certificates
- At least one reference letter
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection
For information and questions regarding the application and selection procedure, candidates are asked to contact:
Mrs. Chrysoula Iliaki
The result of the selection will be announced on the website of ICS-FORTH.
Candidates have the right to appeal the selection decision, by addressing their written objection to the ICS secretariat within five (5) days since the results announcement on the web. They also have the right to access (a) the files of the candidates as well as (b) the table of candidates’ scores (ranking of candidates results). All the above information related to the selection procedure will be available at the secretariat of ICS-FORTH in line with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.