- Biosignal Processing and Analysis
- Medical Informatics
- Computational Neuroscience
Participation in Research Projects
- predictES: An Integrated wearable platform predicting Epileptic Seizures and novel neurofeedback ap-proaches in support of personalized patient management.
- SEMEOTICONS: SEMEiotic Oriented Technology for Individual's CardiOmetabolic risk self-assessmeNt and Self-monitoring.
- P-MEDICINE: From data sharing and integration via VPH models to personalized medicine.
Giorgos Giannakakis received his diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) in 2003, his MSc and PhD in Biomedical Engineering from the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Patras – School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, NTUA in 2005 and 2009 respectively.
He has worked as scientific associate at the Institute of Communications and Computer Systems (ICCS) in the writing and implementation of National and European research projects, as volunteer analyst/programmer at the University Mental Health Research Institute and at the Hellenic Center of Neurosurgical Research. Also, he has worked as Adjunct Laboratory Collaborator/Instructor at Technological Educational Institute of Crete, as self-employed Electrical Engineer in implementation of Electromechanical works and as self-employed web developer. He is currently Research Associate at the Institute of Computer Science (ICS) of the Foundation for Research and Technology (FORTH). He has been awarded the honorary praise of the best interdisciplinary diploma thesis in NTUA (2003), the publication award by the Thomaidio Foundation (2005) and an IKY post-doctoral scholarship (2017).
His research interests include the areas of biosignal processing and analysis, computer vision, affective computing and computational neuroscience. He has published 8 refereed scientific papers in international journals and 26 papers in conferences proceedings.