M.Sc Telecommunications/Software Engineer
- prehospital emergency care information systems,
- emergency medical systems and disaster medicine,
- EHR systems in disease outbreak,
- telemedicine and telemonitoring technologies,
- e-Health/m-Health platforms,
- medical sensors and devices,
- integrated care solutions
Participation in Research Projects
- REACTION - Remote accessibility to diabetes management and therapy in operational healthcare networks, FP7-IP-2009-248590 2010-2014.
- POSEIDON - Earthquake followed by Tsunami in the Mediterranean Sea, DG ECHO 070401/2009/534360/SUB/A3, 2009-2011 (Technical Responsible on behalf of the Computational Medicine Laboratory)
- SAFE - Satellites for Epidemiology and Health Early Warning, ESA Tender, 2006-2007 (Technical Responsible on behalf of the Computational Medicine Laboratory)
- HEARTFAID - A Knowledge based platform of services for supporting medical - clinical management of heart failure within elderly population, 2006-2009
- D.Y.P.E. Western Greece - : Integrated Health Information System for the Regional Health System of Western Greece, 2005-2008
- D.Y.P.E. 3rd Regional Health System of Attica - Integrated Health Information System and ICT Services for the 3rd Regional Health System of Attica, 2005-2008
- D.Y.P.E 2nd Regional Health System of South Aegean - Integrated Health Information System for the 2nd Regional Health System of South Aegean, 2006-2008
- 1st Regional Health System of Attica - Integrated Health Information System and ICT Services for the 1st Regional Health System of Attica, 2006-2008
- HEALTHWARE - Standard and Interoperable satellite solution to deploy Healthcare services over wide areas, FP6-IP-SIP4-CT-2004-516171, 2004-2006
- TWISTER - Terrestrial Wireless Infrastructure integrated with Satellite Telecommunications for E-Rural applications, 2004 – 2007
- OPENECG - Computerized ECG Standards Interoperability Portal, 2002-2004
- JUST - JUST-in-time health emergency interventions - training of non-professionals by virtual reality and advanced IT tool, FP5-IST-1999-12581 2000-2003
- PICNIC - Professionals and citizens network for integrated care, FP5-IST-1999-10345 2000-2003
- ATTRACT - Applications in telemedicine taking rapid advantage of cable television network evolution, FP5-Telematics 2C 1998-2001
- HYGEIANET - A telematics center, INTERREG II 1998-2001, (deployment at a large scale of advanced multi-sectorial telematics applications and services in the health domain / evaluation of their cost/benefit and cost effectiveness)
Vasilis Kontogiannis received his B.Eng. degree in Electronics Engineering from the University of Leeds, U.K. in 1995 with graduate scholarship and his M.Sc.(Eng.) in Radio Communications and High Frequency Engineering from the University of Leeds, U.K. in 1996. In 1999 he joined the Computational Medicine Laboratory (CML) at the Institute of Computer Science of FORTH. He has been working in the field of biomedical engineering with focus to analysis, design and development of medical information systems and network infrastructure for the implementation of telematics in health.
Participated in several national and EU funded projects in the healthcare domain, contributed in data modeling, integration and design of teleconsultation systems, homecare platforms, telemedicine applications for ambulatory care and emergency management, clinical information systems, evaluation of continuous medical education platforms as well as disaster and emergency management applications for civil protection with the use of satellite, Wi-Fi and mobile communications.
Furthermore, he is responsible for database administration issues as DBA of the GR-Hostname National Registry.