- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Knowledge Representation & Management on the Semantic Web
- Information Extraction
- Conceptual Modelling & Ontology Engineering
- Ontology Evolution & Provenance
- Information Integration, Partitioning and Retrieval Systems for the web
- Efficient indexing and partitioning data management systems
- Interoperability of Heterogeneous and Distributed Information Bases
- Applications of Information Systems in BioInformatics
- Patient Empowerment Systems
Participation in Research Projects
- Relief - Recovering Life Wellbeing Through Pain Self-Management Techniques Involving ICTs (H2020)
- Bounce - Predicting Effective Adaptation to Breast Cancer to Help Women to BOUNCE Back (H2020)
- iManageCancer - Empowering patients and strengthening self-management in cancer diseases (H2020)
- MyHealhAvatar - A Demonstration of 4D Digital Avatar Infrastructure for Access of Complete PatientInformation (FP7-ICT-2011-9)
- EURECA - Enabling information re-Use by linking clinical REsearch and CAre(FP7-ICT -2010-7)
- eHealthMonitor - Intelligent Knowledge Platform for Personal Health Monitoring Services (FP7-ICT-2011-7)
- p-MEDICINE - From data sharing and integration via VPH models to personalized medicine (FP7-ICT-2009.5.3)
- INTEGRATE - Driving Excellence in Integrative Cancer Research through Innovative Biomedical Infrastructures (FP7-ICT-2009.5.3)
- plugIT - Business and IT Alignment using Model-Based Plug-In Framework (FP7-3ICT-231413)
- TEAM - Tightening Knowledge Sharing in Distributed software communities by applying semantic technologies(FP6-IST-2005-2.5.5)
- ACGT - Advancing Clinico-Genomic Clinical Trials on Cancer: Open Grid Services for Improving Medical Knowledge Discovery, (FP6-IST-026996)
- LOCCANDIA - Lab-On-Chip based protein profiling for CANcer DIAgnosis (FP6-IST-2005-2.5.2)
- PROGNOCHIP - Development and Establishment of DNA Microarray Technology in Greece: Identification and Validation of Classification and Prognosis Molecular Markers for Breast Cancer, (GSRT - Op. Pr. Competitiveness 2003-2006)
Haridimos Kondylakis is currently a Collaborating Researcher at Computational BioMedicine Laboratory (CBML), Institute of Computer Science, Foundation of Research & Technology-Hellas (FORTH). He holds a Ph.D and an M.Sc. in Computer Science from University of Crete.
He is also a visiting lecturer at the Computer Science Department, University of Crete and at the Department of Informatics Engineering at Technological Educational Institute of Crete teaching lessons related to data management and semantics.
His interests include semantic-based data management topics and their application in healthcare. More specifically he has focused on e-Consent through semantic rules, semantically-enabled medical recommendations for patient empowerment, ontology summarization and evolution, efficient infrastructures for collecting, partitioning, integrating and managing eHealth information in personal health environments, modular ontologies for healthcare and mappings to the various data sources.
He is currently participating in three EU research projects, BOUNCE, iManageCancer and Relief, and he also acts as a regular reviewer and a PC member for a number of premier journals and conferences, such as JWS, JODS, CIKM, EDBT, ISWC etc.
In the past he has participated in more that 14 EU research projects with a total budget over 50Mie. He has more than 90 publications in international conferences, books and journals including ACM SIGMOD, VLDB, JWS, KER, EDBT, ISWC, ESWC etc.