Resource Control for Wireless NetworksA joint Research Project between ICS-FORTH and BT Research (currently BTexact Technologies) running from January 2002 until December 2002.
ScopeFuture wireless access systems, in contrast to current generation systems, will be packet-based (IP) and will support high and variable bandwidth multimedia applications, as well as peer-to-peer communications. Unlike fixed networks, in wireless networks there is a limited capability to increase the capacity, hence robust and efficient procedures and mechanisms for resource control will become increasingly important.
The objective of this work is to investigate procedures for resource control in wireless networks, both 3G (Wideband CDMA) and WLANs (esp. 802.11), focusing on procedures that enable and support seamless interoperation with existing procedures for power and battery management in wireless networks, as well as corresponding mechanisms in fixed networks.
- Vasilios Siris, ICS-FORTH
Costas Courcoubetis, Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB), and ICS-FORTH
Bob Briscoe, BT Research, Ipswich, UK
Dave Songhurst, BT Research, Ipswich, UK
Arnaud Jacquet, BT Research, Ipswich, UK
Etienne Soumoy, BT Research, Ipswich, UK
- ``Resource Control for Loss-Sensitive Traffic in CDMA Networks''. In Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM 2004, Hong Kong, 7-11 March, 2004.
- ``Resource Control for Elastic Traffic in CDMA Networks''. In Proc. of ACM MOBICOM 2002, Atlanta, USA, 23-28 September, 2002.
- ``Congestion Sensitive Downlink Power Control for Wideband CDMA Systems''. In Proc. of 4th IEEE Conference on Mobile and Wireless Communication Networks (MWCN 2002), Stockholm, Sweden, 9-11 September, 2002.
- ``Economic Models for Resource Control in Wireless Networks''. In Proc. of IEEE PIMRC 2002, Lisbon, Portugal, 16-19 September, 2002.
- ``Service Differentiation in Third Generation Mobile Networks''. In Proc. of QofIS 2002, Zurich, Switzerland, 16-18 October, 2002.
- ``Cell Coverage Based on Social Welfare Maximization''. In Proc. of IST Mobile and Wireless Telecommunications Summit, Thessaloniki, Greece, 16-19 June, 2002.
- ``Congestion Pricing for Resource Control in Wideband CDMA''. ICS-FORTH Technical Report No. 299, December 2001.
- ``Congestion Pricing for Resource Control in Wideband CDMA''. BT Research, August 2001.
- ``Resource Control for Elastic Traffic in CDMA Networks''. ACM MOBICOM 2002, 23-28 September, 2002..
For more info: Vasilios Siris Tel: +30 2810 391726 Email:vsiris "at" ics ``dot'' forth ``dot'' grICS-FORTH Telecommunications and Networks Laboratory